Permission in Principle

Companies proposing to employ a large number of foreign workers or workers in skilled positions like Machine Operators, Masons, Cooks, etc., should first obtain a Permission in Principle (PIP)/Quota from the Ministry. A PIP specifies the number of foreign workers a company is authorized to employ, the positions and the countries of recruitment.

A Request for PIP should be made on the Request for Permission/Quota Form available on this Portal.

Please go through the “Guidelines for the e-Work Permit System” before submitting applications.